white worm culture gone off

Caryl

Wasn't actually sure where to put this.

My white worm culture has suddenly formed a thin slime on the surface with few worms about. It also stinks - a lot. The media doesn't appear to be too moist. What went wrong?

The smell is really bad and even several scrubbings with soap didn't get the smell off my hands for ages.

Daysdead. It will be that exqisitely warm weather you get up there. They need to be kept cool so you may have to take the beer out of the fridge. It is a challenge here as well with a few days of norwesters. That is why I keep a few in different places so it would be a realy bad day to lose the lot. The other thing could be that there has been too many and they have polluted themselves out of a home with waste. If you get too many start another. I also change the area I feed periodically and also loosen the media up now and then with a fork. There are more here when you are down.

Thanks Alan. Didn't think the hallway got that warm as it was near the back door so getting a breeze but came home for lunch today and the whole place was roasting from being locked up.

Am coming down on the 19th for daughter's graduation so might be able to find time to visit if convenient.