What happened in my tank?

JoandWilly

Yesterday morning I dosed suppliements, iodine and strontium (both salifert) and reef booster, turned my skimmer off and went to work. Came home and all the corals were shrivelled up.

My tank is approx 170L, running a deltec MCE600 hang on, 2 eheim compact 1000's for flow, and a canister filter for filter wool and resins, and at this stage a double t5 unit.

My thinking was that turning off the skimmer for the whole day, meant less oxygen in the water.

Anyone can help more?

Used to have this problem if I dosed Salifert Strontium. IMO there is something not right with the product. I now dose a different strontium with no issues.

Don't dose again for a week or so & stuff should come right. Then dose each thing in isolation to see which one is the problem.

All this assuming you have dosed in accordance with label instructions & not overdosed.

Dont worry about it, the corals might open up soon.

I doubt turning off the skimmer is going to be the problem,

you fish would be dead if you had no oxygen,

Only add 1/2 the reef booster as you dont want to pollute your tank,

stop adding iodine as it looks like your tank has lots of nutrients by the look of the rocks, they dont look clean and healthy,

You dont have many corals so take it easy on the supplements. maybe stop adding them for a month.

You have some good equipment on your tank so everything should come right,

i would do 20%weekly water changes,

cool cardinals

Yeah i only added approx a 3rd of the vial of reef booster, keeping the rest in the fridge will it be fine in there mixed with a bit of salt water from my tank?

Also how many hours a day should i have my lights on for. Have 1 arcadia marine white and a marine-glo, going to be adding another marine white and a arcadia marine blue soonish.

keeping the rest in the fridge will it be fine in there mixed with a bit of salt water from my tank

should be ok, however stop dosing as you have not need for it yet. not enough corals.

you can tell by the rocks that you have to many nutrients, when rocks get that dirty brown look it means your tank is high in nutrients.

8-10 hours of lighting .