Coldwater Algae Eater?

DutchKiwiCowboy2

I think the general consensus is that most algae eaters don't like the winters outside.. but some will tell you they have kept plecos overwinter without any trouble (the plecos of course are not able to tell you that they probably aren't having a good time of it!!)

I think the special cold water 'cleaner upper' is a special creature called a snail ;) ! Algae in ponds is the same as algae in tanks, if he plants it up right it should stop being a problem.

Since we can't control the sun.. the tub needs to have about 1/2 of the surface covered with plants for shade so he doesn't have green water problems. Waterlilies are the obvious choice but I'm sure there are a few other mat forming plants that could be options too. Oxygenators (submerged plants) help use up extra nutrients too, as do marginals (those that sit by the top edge of the water with just their roots in) Arum lilies are good marginals and there should be plenty of them around!