what size tank heater?

stargazer

Tanks can get too hot in the summer.. depending on what type of fish you keep this may or may nto be a problem.. I think with most tropical fish it doesn't matter too much. Coldwater fish can get a bit stressed maybe(??)

the main problem with the water being too hot is that the oxygen levels drop. So if you tank is really hot and your fish are gasping its probably due to lack of oxygen and cooling it or adding an airstone will help.

Tanks can get too hot in the summer.. depending on what type of fish you keep this may or may nto be a problem.. I think with most tropical fish it doesn't matter too much. Coldwater fish can get a bit stressed maybe(??)

the main problem with the water being too hot is that the oxygen levels drop. So if you tank is really hot and your fish are gasping its probably due to lack of oxygen and cooling it or adding an airstone will help.

Boy thats something I'm going to have to watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o

Better get a better air pump I think! :-?

Don't panic newfish :)

There are lots of threads here about hot tanks in the summer. It could be as simple as floating a bottle of frozen water in the tank if it does get real hot or even leaving the lights off during the day on hot days cause they add to the heat a little.. or leaving a cover open with some air flowing past.