What food do you feed your Africans........ NLS?

batmanforever

Hi, My fish appear healthy and growing fast. I have been feeding them Wardley's mini floating cichlid pellets and Wardley's sinking crumbles. The sinking crumbles are no longer available and I do want to feed them sinking food.

I have heard that NLS (New Life Spectum Premium fish food from Canada)

is one of the best fish foods in the world. Does anyone know who sells this in NZ or who to go through to get this food? What do other people feed there African"s and has anyone got any suggestions? Thanks

Hey Malcolm as i told you noone imports the NLS you have to get it in yourself which I am still working on..

I feed mine all sorts of stuff pea's nutrifin cichlid sticks, shrimp and lettuce.. I to am unsure on the trout pellets they seem a bit strong and am worried about bloat with my africans its nasty and doesn't take much to set it off..

I brought in some a while ago, before I found out the private limit for fishfood was 500gm. They let my lot pass but not again. It's pretty expensive stuff. Ebay is your best bet. If you want to bring in more than 500gm then you can pay $130 to get it classified and bring in as much as you like. I was gonna do this but have decided not to because i'm cutting down on tanks.

That differs from the information I got from calling maf 3 times (3 different people) and emailing them.. They said there is no firm limit on private importation however if you brought in stupid amounts they would deem it commercial and you would be up for more costs associated with that..

I've got the distribution rights for NZ and it will be available early next year. I'll be looking for retailers as soon as everything is tied up.

It is the best food you can get and you will be able to notice a difference in colour after feeding it to your fish for a couple of weeks. You don't have to feed them any other dry food.

I still feed mine frozen food as a treat.

Hi Ryan, I appreciate your efforts and advice. :bow: All I am doing is putting out a feeler to see if anyone else has bought any or have a channel of where and how to go about it. I am starting to get low on food and will be needing some soon. Maybe somone will have an alternative food for the intreim? Cheers

Just keep getting what you already have been :)

If I can afford it I will get in some NLS soon its relatively easy have been waiting for my dad who's in asia to try and get me some because that would be free :)

Malawi_man, glad to hear someone bit the bullet and did it, I was considering it but didn't have the time/energy, also worried about the end price once they make it to petshops unsure how many people will fork out for it, will be interesting to see! It certainly has great reviews overseas..

I got some off malawi_man im not feeding my fish with it everyday yet just every now and then as a treat not to sure if I want to feed them it everyday as it is good stuff :roll:

But it sure is gonna last a hell of a long time :bounce:

For your money it has to be good value too i reckon.