fat felamale fighting fish

soky5

hey i really need some help i have a blue fighting fish in a tank by herself i dont have a male and she is very very very fat i mean fat her belly is really big wot dose this mean i have a outher felmale and she is normal size but this one is big y is that i went down to shop today and bought a male can u tell me wot is happen with her and wot do i do now thank you very much

Depends, in my experiences that has totally worked. She will follow him and not swim away when she's ready to mate, can take time. Best to have a biggest tank and some plants for her to hide, i like floating indian fern to help with the nest structure. I remove my females ocne they mate.

See how you go, and remember to feed them well. Good luck.

hey - are you goldfish on tm?

Some males don't build a bubble nest until spawning begins. If you have more than one male scoop some of the other males bubble nest into the cup and it may encourage the male to blow one. Or you can try dropping the temp of the tank and then raising it again. If a cold weather front is coming it will help but I know from experience that that is a rare experience in Timaru (having lived there for 11 years).

whoops I meant are you goldbird5 on tm.

if so the site you need is

www.bcbetta.com

this is the site I used when I first started over 2 years ago. breeding these fish is like a lottery, you can end up with none or hundreds.

I had 300 eggs plus last week, 5 hatched and are still swimming around.

not all eggs are always fertile, fry can die for no apparent reason.

not all spawning attempts are successful - if nothing happens within about 24-36 hours after releasing the female, remove her and try again in about a week - 11 days. fighters can breed again successfully after 3 days but 11 days gives them time to regain condition and the female to heal if she has been knocked around a bit which can happen, depending on the nature of the male.

hey thank you very much adodge yea u really do not your stuff umm i have just loged on just looking at site but the fighters dont seem to like each outher but o well thanks people i just having look at site then i will have a go again thanks