Discus pectoral fin - (update)

The Great White Hand

Hi

Sadly, mass seems to be growing at the base of the other pectoral fin. Brown red and white about 4mm x 4mm x 4mm. Still eating, but looking a bit worst for wear. I'll keep on monitoring and doing 50%WC every 2 days. Touch wood, other discus are fine.

I'm not going to treat with anything else. Worst case scenario how do you humanely euthanase a large fish like a discus?

Regards, TGWH

I've treated a Blue Ram that had a large mass at the base of its dorsal which I didn't give any hope but in the end it worked out great. I tried lots of different things but this is what worked. Get some PP (chemist) make up a solution of a couple of crystals of PP and a small amount of water and mix. Catch fish remove from tank, if mass is open try to remove infected tissue with craft knife (puss) then drop a small amount of solution on sore wait a short time and return to tank. Repeat as many times as required. This will in effect burn the sore/infection so there will be some time for this to heal.