Help for a friend

debs01

I think one of my fish may have a problem. It seems to be eating normally and swimming normally but when it stops, it's floating near the surface on it's side. This pic isn't very good, (I can't remember which button zooms on my phone :D ), sooooo, do you have any ideas what might be causing it? All the other fish are normal

s2zkif.jpg

probably the swim bladder. Dont know much about fixing it but once when i was younger i managed to cure a swim bladder problem by putting the fish in a donut shape container so that it couldn't float on its side but could still swim. If you wanna give that a go or wait and see if anyone else has any better ideas :)

I think it is having digestive trouble. Goldfish semi hibernate in winter and do not eat if the ambient temp is 10C or below. At this time of year with the temp swings, if it is being fed it may be having trouble digesting, especially if the temp drops.

Stop feeding them or feed wheatgerm. This is easy on their tums and slwoly gets their innards working again. Do not feed them sticks or pellets at this stage, not until the weather warms up more and stays a reasonable temp, even overnight.