Anyone know if any shops have leopard Ctenopoma's?

HaNs

ok

so bad mix huh

so what can i mix with these fish

very intersting fish

looks cool

and has a big mouth:D

eels? pictus cats? whiptail? pleco? bichir? synos?

wat cna i mix with these fish? i have a big tank, 4 foot by 1.5 foot by 2.5 to 3 foot in height.

Yeap, long term that big mouth likes to inhale anything small enough, the 40cm plus one we had for a while just loved dining on reasonable size fish... 8)

Long term, your tank won't really be suitable for a Dat... they take a long time to mature to a good size... as in years. So you have some time at least.

Large syno species would do ok... decent size plecs...

That wouldn't be a good mix, you would end up with no Ctenopoma's

Um it depends on the sizes of the fish.

A friend has a dat and 2 Ctenopoma's in his tank and they get on fine. They are all about the same size(full grown Ctenopoma size). Even a full grown dat would not be able to eat his Ctenopoma's

If i get Ctenopoma's they will be with my 4 dats

Hence why I said "long term"... Dats take years to reach maturity.. however the leopard ctenopomas that are for sale in the stores recently being so tiny it could be a problem, depending on how big the Dat is. Dats are majorly predatory... I have seen what the big boy we had did, and he did some damage to fish that weren't able to fit in his mouth but that didn't stop him from trying..... :roll: Oh and this boy was very well fed...