clubs members?

doch

There are 3 clubs in Auckland with another hopefully starting soon (if they get their As into G) in the west(?). There is a new reef club too but I don't think they have a meeting place settled yet as they are still getting organised.

North Shore Aq Soc meet in the Sunnynook Community Centre 1st Tues of month at 7.30pm

Sth Auck Aq & Watergarden Soc have the occasional dinner meeting on 2nd Mondays of the month

Auck Fishkeepers Assoc. meet in Green Bay Community Centre 2nd Tues of month at 7.30pm

yes, me and couple of other westies are in the midst of beginning a club, actually caryl, have you any advise. I am up to the stage now where i have drafted up a newsletter, and am putting up some flyers in the LFS in the area to get some more people......... i would like to put this first newsletter out then once our mail list numbers reach at least 10-15 THEN start having meetings etc etc (as i doubt it would work with only the three of us!!)....

I think you should start havign meetings from the beginning. Even if it's just a couple of you getting together at someone's house and ordering pizza while you chat about fish. Gives people that want to show somewhere to go.

Just an idea anyway.:)

Get the flyers done (I am happy to design and print colour ones if you need help) advertising a meeting with the time and place on it. Put them up in malls, supermarkets, vets, library, schools - anywhere you can think of. Put an advert in the paper as well saying anyone interested in joining an aquarium club please contact (insert phone number here). That way you can tell them about the meeting when they ring. Do all that FIRST. Once you have had the first meeting THEN put out the newsletter.

That is how we did it anyway and it worked :wink: Hopefully, with all those flyers and the advert there will be more than just 3 of you. If you contacted the other clubs and told them when the meeting was you could ask them to help support you by attending as well.

i personaly think these clubs can be a good thing lots of people have or are getting into these tropical and marine fish and you get a lot of info from the lfs but hands on is great people can actualy come and see your tanks/ probs/solutions as well

• 4 weeks later...

hi im the president of the north shore aquarium club, if you need any help with your club just let me know! also i own a lps so you can put a notice up in my shop if you want, also auckland club and our club have just done a doco for tv 3 so we will get a spin off over that and will be looking at passing anyone that gets in touch with us onto the club that is closest to them,

good luck in starting your club and make sure you do get in touch with our club as we do a few out of town trip that your club can come on and also we have an auckland interclub comp that you can enter,

cya kim :)