new plans for my fishroom (IM NEARLY DONE)

cichlid7

Well i have an old post where i said about the plan for a new fish room. well now that the room is clear and ready to start lining I came across a few problems with the first plans :oops: :oops: :oops:

the room is 3.6 x 3.6m

As im using 6inch polystyrene on the walls and ceiling that only give me a room which is 3.3 x 3.3m so now these plans SHOULD fit in this size :roll: :-? .

i am now going to have 2 long tanks under the breeding stands on each side of the room for water changes, instead of two blue barrels. And a 40mm pipe around the bottom of the tanks for old water which will go outside and doum the drain.

so tell me what you think of my plans

here is a new google sketch up from the top view only (it takes too long to do more views) NOT TO SCALE

fishroom.jpg

Looks good. In my fish house I made the two foot tanks 2foot wide as well. This is a size you can manage. It doubles your storage capacity for fish and water, and increases the surface area. The more water you have the better it acts as a heat sink. When you open the door the warm air escapes but most of your heat is stored in the water. I would go for as much water as it can fit and still be manageable. I think you will be glad once you start breeding successfully.

• 2 weeks later...

**UPDATE**

I have now lined all the walls and roof with pink batts then polystyrene and then black polythene sheeting (Man the polythene is soo hard to put up :evil: )

The stand on the right side is now made and part of the discus tanks stand is made

the floor is also done

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Sounds and looks like a good plan ill post some pics of my fishroom when I tidy it up :)

What are you using for the flooring? I have concrete floors in my fishroom and even when the rooms 24C they are cold as so ive got to be loosing heat from there..

on the floor (concrete) im using polythene then polystyrene then mdf them vinyl so it should keep the heat in :-? i think

I will try and post some pics tomorrow

ive now got my 550L tank and my 600L tank in there But just trying to work out how to use the sump :oops: :-? :-? i have know idea.

it would be good to see some pics of other peoples fishrooms :D

• 4 weeks later...

all the building work is done and i have got 5 tanks setup so far just checked the them of the room and it is 27*c i am just trying to get all the fish out there now

last night i was putting the malawis into there new 600L tank and it took me about 2 hours to catch them all :lol:

my 550L planted tank is running but i need to add more plants

and ive got a couple of discus tanks setup in there

i plan to get all the plants in the planted tank today and hopefully the fish too

i still need to take pictures of the room

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

50% of the heat loss is through the ceiling and only 10% through the floor. How did you fix the polystyrene and the polythene sheeting? I used batts and lined with sheet steel from that roofing place in Shands Road just over Halswell Junction Rd and sealed the joints with RTV. You should only get condensation if the walls are cooler than the air. Where are you going to put the 20 tanks you will need when you get breeding successfully?