New 3foot tank.

Dixon1990

mmmm, looks like that whole corner is not being supported at all, and all that is holding the water in is the silicone in that corner. Could be pretty dodgy, but yet again, could last forever...

Cutting the old silicone away from the corner, and siliconing a patch on the inside may work, or cutting away the silicone on the outside and putting a small piece in that corner... wont do alot but may give a bit more support for the side/front.

Either way, Id talk to the seller, and see what they say.

EDIT: the best option would be to cut the old bottom off and siliconing a new piece of glass on the bottom. at least it will give peace of mind, and will be alot cheaper than loosing a whole tank load of fish, plants, and burning out heaters or filters.

• 4 weeks later...
I have ended up getting a fluval 404 and just clicked buynow on a light on trademe. Its a aquaone al-30d

Are these very good?

You're asking us after you bought the fitting??

Fittings are six of one, half a dozen of the other - the most important thing is what sort of tubes you put in it.

I have tried the ones from the Electrical wholesalers that are what they call 'colour 86', there is a higher one at 94, but they give quite a white/blue light at 8600 and 9400k (degrees kelvin) respectively.

Plants allegedly require light somwhere in the 6500k range.

I have found that tubes in the 7000k range seem to be more suited to my plants, as when I put two 8600k tubes on a 2ft tank, I found some of my red leaved plants were struggling, and started to shed their leaves, so now I have one 8600k and one 7100k from the LFS.

Got the light unit yesterday. Set it up on axolotl tank and turned it on and it was very bright, THe axies didnt like it so i took it off their tank :-? .

One of the bulbs is white and the other purple when going will they be good bulbs? the purple bulb is arcadia branded.