When to return the male?

Adrienne

To stop my female krib attacking the male while the fry were belly sliding?

I moved him to another tank. When will it be safe to return him? The fry (about 50 of them) have been swimming around with mum for about 4 days now and eating off the bottom of the tank. She's already coloured up again, not sure if its because she can see the male or not (he's in the next tank). I don't necessarily want them to breed again but would like one of my spare tanks back but don't want

1. him to eat the fry

2. be injured by the female

how long will you need to leave the mother with the fry? As long as you want i guess.... well, within reason of course. They will need her in the first week or so after they have been layed to keep the water moving around them etc, but after that they should be fine without her, as long as theres nothing else in the tank that can eat them. If there are other fish in the tank that will eat them you will need to leave her with them to protect them from predators, until they can fend for themselves.....