Advice

jhct

Hi

In my current community tank I have a couple of fish i am going to move into larger surroundings

1 x Gold Spotted Pleco

1 x Black knife ghost

1 x Silver shark

1 x Clown loach

Mainly because they all are starting to get big. Im guessing the clown loach would like a friend so would prob. get another one. Any other thoughts on what others i could have to share the new tank? Ive never had an angel or discus would one or the other work or are there better options? Cheers :D

Get another 3-5+ clown loaches, they're way cooler in good sized groups. You're eventually going to need a bigger tank for the silver shark and bgk too, probably 4' minimum.

:roll: oh really! hmmm i dont know if my budget or house floor is gunna take another tank!! i guess only option is to let them go to another home once they get that big?? thats stink eh. they my favourites.

Thats true, clowns will grow fairly fast to about 10cm and then slow down. Maybe grow 2cm a year after that. But then they can live a long time too. So yes you have a few years before you need to worry about them :wink:

The others could outgrow that tank in 12 months though. :-?

Cheers

Ian

ok so this time i will get this right! :oops:

the advise is -

1 x black knife

1 x shark

1 x pleco

1 x clown loach + get 3 x more so they happy

and can i have angels as well?? Or am i pushing it????? I will deal with them getting to big for this tank when the situation arrives.

cheers

ok so this time i will get this right! :oops:

the advise is -

1 x black knife

1 x shark

1 x pleco

1 x clown loach + get 3 x more so they happy

and can i have angels as well?? Or am i pushing it????? I will deal with them getting to big for this tank when the situation arrives.

cheers

go for those, i had 2 clown loaches, 2 skunk loaches, a BN catfish, 2 gaurami, 2 angels & 3 types of tetras in a 200L tank for over a year with no probs :)

A 4x15x18 isn't that much more than a 3ft tank.

Must be a weak floor, a 4x15x18 is around 200-250kg when filled, including stand. The way humans are going, that is 2-3 standard people standing in one spot. :lol:

Frenchy :D

lol i truly am not hoping on the scales anytime soon now!

jhct, you may find that very shortly it will be to your own benefit to have in your locacation the actual PLACE in NZ that you live is.

In overseas ppls views we are thought of as being small.

But we know better.

So how's about gowen back and changing you location in your profile a little.

Thanks.

jhct, you may find that very shortly it will be to your own benefit to have in your locacation the actual PLACE in NZ that you live is.

In overseas ppls views we are thought of as being small.

But we know better.

So how's about gowen back and changing you location in your profile a little.

Thanks.

Done 8)

and do the 2angels have to be one male one female etc???

the angels will be agresive if you have a breeding pair. i had four angels from when they were very small, ended up getting two breeding pairs (what are the odds of that happening?) & they paired off & faught terribly so i sold one pair. the remaining pair would chase everyone else when spawing but never actually did any damage to the other fish.

the angels will be agresive if you have a breeding pair. i had four angels from when they were very small, ended up getting two breeding pairs (what are the odds of that happening?) & they paired off & faught terribly so i sold one pair. the remaining pair would chase everyone else when spawing but never actually did any damage to the other fish.

hmm so a bit risky going with the angels... do you have another recomendation?