Flat worms, stupid local pet store

raeh1

When you do a FE treatment, you often don't get every last one. A follow up treatment in 10 days or so can get the few survivors, you don't have to worry about the carbon, waterchanges etc on the second treatment as there are hardly any flatworms to release poison.

A six line wrasse can help clean up the few survivors also. They don't eat many but if there are only a few FWorms left a six line can do it.

i was the test case a while ago. i had a rather large amount in the tank and purchased a packet od FW exit from salifert. i didn't like all the warnings on the box so decided against using it. from memory i think i send the box FOC to james in hamilton. my flat worm populatio crashed on its own a few weeks later with no side effects. and FW do not kill corals they may shade them a bit but thats about all. i did have a scooter blenny that in the end cleaned up the last survivors but was unable to control them once peaked.

I disagree cookie

Once they start to over populate they are an eyesore, when they are all over the front glass.

And although I haven't waited till my tank crashed because of them I'm sure knowone here would actually like to be a test case.

Cookie is right, they are a natural part of the tank, and if you have nutrients etc under control they wont be a problem. They wont crash your tank, the chemicals your putting in will. Do some reading on the net, they're harmless.

I disagree cookie

Once they start to over populate they are an eyesore, when they are all over the front glass.

And although I haven't waited till my tank crashed because of them I'm sure knowone here would actually like to be a test case.

Cookie is right, they are a natural part of the tank, and if you have nutrients etc under control they wont be a problem. They wont crash your tank, the chemicals your putting in will. Do some reading on the net, they're harmless.

I've just had an outbreak myself - I did nothing, other than blast them off things with a syringe (and only for fun) - their numbers have started to drop as the tank falls into equilibrium. I suspect they are probably quite good at eating little bits of organic matter that would otherwise turn into ammonia.