Jebo R338 Ideas

SpidersWeb

So, I've got the new girlfriend interested enough in fish that she has made room for her first tank :)

I'm donating a Jebo R338 (37L) setup to the cause, and have lots of stuff to fill it with.

She says she wants fish with attitude. I think it'd be beneficial for her to see them breeding etc too, and was just wondering if anyone had any ideas.

I was thinking originally platties and guppies, but they don't really have attitude, so maybe a pair of convicts? pair of kribensis? What do you think?

PS yes I know 37L is too small for convicts and kribensis when fully grown, but when they get too big I'll give them a bigger home, and any off spring can be fed to hutt pets or my jag cichlid.

ha ha!

So the 338 is to stop her buying an oscar? :lol:

I'd go for convicts or krib -they really have more personality.

But would the tank be big enough for them?

My kribs didn't like the small size after the 3ft tank (they're now breeding in the work 3ft) :D

Definitely go cichlid.

Oh she could have daffodils/brichardi! :bounce:

Sweet, thanks for the suggestions :) Blue Rams are a great idea, and definately considering them! I've got a trio of Apistogramma Agasezii again too, so maybe later on some offspring would be a great choice.

Also a few danios might help with movement in the upper area too. Thanks for that suggestion :) Fast enough to not get bitten by any cichlid action down below.

Foxglove - when the fish outgrow the aquarium I will rehome them in one of mine.

puddles - Yeah I miss the oscars, Jag isn't quite the same, although I put a tank of baby convicts next to his last night, should have seen his face light up! Thinking of giving him a red devil to play with.

Anyway, I still haven't 100% decided what my recommendation will be, although I'm still leaning towards a young pair of convicts. Would a bristlenose be a good idea, or would that cause problems with eggs?

• 4 weeks later...