What is this and what can i do about it?

paul_r

Have just noticed that my new mollies & guppies that i have got have something wrong with them. At first it looked like some of the mollies had deformed smiles and actually looked quite funny. However i have noticed over the last 2 days it is spreading through my molly population and one guppy has got it aswell.

I havnt got any pics sorry but it looks like a white fungus growing around their mouths. (i know nothing at all about fish diseases)

Any help on what it is or how to get rid of it would be great

Paul

yep the ones i caught.

I looked on google and definatly looks like cotton mouth, poured in some meth blue and am hopeing for the best. I gave mollies to a few friends and theirs are all doing fine and breeding with their coloured ones etc.

Just my luck!!

I have just checked the disease Columnaris, and after a bit of reading found that my mollies had what looks exactly like this:

Pr95.jpg

Hopfully they turn out okay, will go down to the vets (we have no LFS) and will see if they have any relevant medicine

Have taken as much care as possible when dealing with the molly tank. The molly tank the last i deal with (if at all).

Ive just dumped in some of that tonic i got off you and left the tank alone.

The disease doesnt seem to be getting worse.......for now