My Albino Pleco

Tsarmina

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, we just brought an albino pleco about three weeks ago, he had been at the petshop for ages and look really skinny and sickly!! so after weeks of feeling sorry for it i brought it.

I have quarantined it and treated the white spot and hex and it is now in our discus tank (200 liters) it is about 6cmlong at the moment and it is finally filling out and growing and looking healthy.

How big do they grow? and also our one is more of a reddy brown colour on its body, do they lighten as they grow??

Thanks in advance.

last time i tried to measure him (about a week ago), he was over 26cm including tail :)

Wow! thats pretty big, this one has got some growing to do then,the pet shop said it wouldnt get very big!! mind you i have know idea how long it had been unwell for and maybe its stunted, but its definatly filling out now.

Depends what species of pleco you have too.

Tsarmina's looks like a gibbiceps?, they can grow to 40cm or so eventually. There are also albino bristlenose plecos around too, they stay pretty small, 10cm or so.

There may be albino strains of other pleocs out there, but those are the ones I've seen.

Cheers

Ian

P.S. Nice pleco Tsarmina :)