What are my black loaches doing?

okki

Same thing as the cories.. these guys are new additions to the tank, they've been in for about a week now, and they've been circling like this the whole time.

At first all four were doing it, but now it's mainly these two. They do stop when they are fed, but still seems strange to me.. is it spawning behaviour?

There's about 8 more stripey kuhli loaches in the tank, who I usually only see at feeding time.

The pH is slightly high, around 7.2, and the temperature is also pretty high at about 27 C.

But there's plenty of other kuhli loaches in there and they are happy as.. theres several stripies and one "red" kuhli loach. Also four dwarf chain loaches and a hillstream loach (who seems happy enough in the higher temp.)

In my experience black loaches can be crazy bastards like that. I used to have a tank with 6 khulis and one black, the khulis were pretty placid but the black was like it was on crack cocaine a lot of the time, just went nuts swimming around like yours do. Every now and then the Khulis did too, but way less often than the black.

Well, after posting this they seem to have calmed down - they still hang out at the front of the tank, but aren't going mental quite so much - I guess they were just stressed/excited about moving into a new tank.

Same thing happened when I moved my stripey khulis from one tank to the other (actually they moved themselves.. but that's another story)

They calmed down once I put them back in their original tank.

thanks all