Photo of Crowntail breeding

Discusguru

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Ron

the bottom pic of the male tending the nest, what type is he, what is his colour called and what type/colour female have you used.

The fry are looking good!!

Copper and the female is the same too.

I'm only breeding true strain at the moment and not crossing them.

Trying to keep some of the true strain I got in.

ron

• 2 weeks later...

Well, big set back in the breeding program. Lost all the red crowntail and copper red crowntail frys tonight :cry: . Cross contaminations and dosage of medication kill them all :evil: . Very sad cos they were growing so well and some were as big as 15mm and showing good red colours. :oops:

Will clean all their tanks up tomorrow and start all over again.

ron

• 1 month later...

Yes, it's a male and a female. That small and they already have good crowning. Both are the red crowntail. Looks like my future breeder.

None of the copper baby survive. Lost the second batch of them yesterday while moving them and rearranging the tanks to create more space. Don't know what they came down with.

Will just have to keep trying.

ron

Don't think so, left about 8 in the original 4 ltrs breeding tank and they're doing fine and growing well. They are the 8 I couldn't catch when I was moving about 250 frys to a bigger tank so I left them there.

All three attempts hatch out heaps. It alway happen when I move them. Must be the different water parameter in the bigger tank.

This time i'm going to breed them in a bigger tank and not move them to see what happen. Only if I can find a space for the tank.

ron

Don't think so, left about 8 in the original 4 ltrs breeding tank and they're doing fine and growing well. They are the 8 I couldn't catch when I was moving about 250 frys to a bigger tank so I left them there.

All three attempts hatch out heaps. It alway happen when I move them. Must be the different water parameter in the bigger tank.

This time i'm going to breed them in a bigger tank and not move them to see what happen. Only if I can find a space for the tank.

ron

haha give me all your discus and u will have plenty of room for the fighters.oh yea wont be over this week if i try hard enough :lol: :lol: :lol:

Depend on how often you feed them and waterchange when feeding bbs.

When they hatch they are so tiny so I just pour some green water in. I start feeding bbs in the second week and JBL grano Mini after one month. Don't feed flakes cos they pollute water quicker if uneaten and not removed.

ron