Opinion on setup

Bluetom

I saw thison trade me, I was just wonder what people thought of the setup? Would it be ok in it's current state, perhaps with some additional circulation to setup up with some fish and soft corals.

As a side question, with the exception of the all mighty Deltec what are some other reliable brands of skimmer?

For $900 id say thats a steal! buy it! Not the best equipment, but for 9 hundy what do you expect? You could probably get an alright skimmer for 300 odd, and the lighting is probably sufficient for alot of corals, softys and Lps, dunno about sps tho, as im not an expert at all!!!

EDIT: just re-read auction. it has 3 x 150W halides so it would be sweet to keep pretty much any kind of coral!

It looks like a clean set-up. nothing wrong with the red sea berlin. just needs alot of adjusting and a high head-height pump according to this and other forums. I'll be running one on my set-up possibly. definitely going to need more live-rock :lol:

na i'd say its worth it. :)