Hiya!

Fishy_J

Hi, my name's John and I'm a fishoholic.....

New to NZ (Wellington, okay 1 year already), we have just started to settle down and for me to get back into my love of fish keeping again. Currently on the lookout for a good fishtank which we'll probably purchase in the next few weeks or so. Looking at a cichlid setup and then probably into some breeding of Guppy and Angels again.

I've been watching this forum since last year but only registered now and really enjoy the comraderie of fellow enthusiasts. Although probably a bit rusty by now, I've kept tropical fresh and saltwater marines before most of which I have fished for myself in the warm indian ocean on the East coast of South Africa. I at some stage would like to set-up a South coast marine tank and see what I can keep.

This is going to be a challenge as convincing my wife to convert the garage into a fish room might not go down too well.... :wink:

Looking forward to being an active member in this forum.

Cheers

John

welcome.

Convincing wifes that there is a great need to convert the garage into a fish room is quite a difficult task, so good luck to you.

I am always amazed at how often i feel as though I know people on this website when I have never met them before, there definitely is a communal sense in this fish forum.

Welcome John

Good to see that you are thinking large, Not just one tank but a whole garage full!!! Little old NZ may not have the selection of fish you had in South Africa but if you need anything the best place to ask is right here in this forum (you wouldnt believe what these guys know)

Good luck with your fish keeping.

Alisha

PS i find the best way to get the partner to agree to more tanks is to find a fish they are really intrested in and give them a tank to go wild with. If that fails you can always barter.

Welcome aboard and to NZ.

Not all wives needs convincing you know. :lol: I am one and had to convince hubby which was a piece of cake using the great charm I have available at my fingertips. :lol: :lol: Now he is into it more than me!

Good luck with everything. See ya round.

Hi all,

Thanks for all the welcomes and words of encouragement!

Incidentally, after reading a post on a recent trip to Pukerua bay, I jumped at the good day yesterday and skipped along to Pukerua bay for a look see (disguised as a picnic) - plenty of glass shrimp, snails, crabs and the odd blenny(?) swimming about - oh and of course thousands of beached .... onions(!?). They must have caught a ride from somewhere with all the flooding.

Thanks for all the replies again.

Cheers

John