Heater in winter

slimNZ

Anyone here need to adjust their heater in winter? My 150W heater normally keep the 60L tank around 26C but starting this 2 weeks with the cold winter, the temperature drop to 22C. I have to turn the dial up to put the temperature back to 26C. Is this normal? I though the thermostat in the heather should take care of temperature drop but seems like it is not.

IMO a 150W heater should easily heat a 60litre tank even with cold weather.. The thermostat should take care of it.. Seems weird it was stable at 26 and then you had to adjust it again?

Keep a good eye on it but I cant see any reason for it to have dropped.. Your tanks not outside or anywhere really cold is it?

lol yeah your tanks twice the size of hers so 150W should take care of it :)

Mind you more water tends to be more stable still the heater should come on when it drops and keep it up provided the heaters in the right place and there is water flow over/around it.

I find that my heater settings rarely keep the tank thermo strip at the temperature the heater is set to. 1 1/2 watts per litre is about the right heater size so that may be why 150watt heater is not keeping up with 130 litre tank. My tanks don't seem to drop in temp at night but my room is pretty well sealed. If you have all your tanks in one room you might find it easier to run a heater on a thermostat.

IMO a 150W heater should easily heat a 60litre tank even with cold weather.. The thermostat should take care of it.. Seems weird it was stable at 26 and then you had to adjust it again?

Keep a good eye on it but I cant see any reason for it to have dropped.. Your tanks not outside or anywhere really cold is it?

The tank is in the dinning room. The heater is on 45D angle on the longer side of the tank with canister filter outflow near to it. Fish is much happier now with the right temperature. Might look at getting another heater. Last thing I need to worry about when leaving for holiday is the fish maybe cooked or freezed bec of the heater.