Do my clown loaches have ich?

michael.qian

I've just noticed one tiny white spot on the back of one of my clown loaches, got them friday last week, could it be ich?

I'm quite worried but I might just be paranoid. All 3 look very healthy though.

Just turned the heater up a little, from 26 to 27, should I turn it up to 30 just to be on the safe side?

Thanks

Just had a 30 minutes power cut, scared the cr*p out of me, lucky it came back pretty quick, weather is pretty violent here in Auckland at the moment.

They've been in my tank for 3 full days now, still sticking to the back of my tank during day time, one of them is mostly in the cave during the day, at night when I feed they all come out and grab their share, I'll try watch them more closely tonight.

Still have a problem being shy, everytime I walk up to the tank they go hide in the back, but if I knee down and move slowly towards the tank they don't notice me and continues to do whatever it is they are doing.

It might not be itch, it's just one tiny white spot on one of them, looked at my other fishes closely and none have it,

according to this site, the white spot is flat against the fish, but I managed to look at it closely and its extruding from the skin, might be something that stuck on the skin?

site is... http://www.nunnie.com/ick.html

Chances are it's nothing and I'm being paranoid but just in case I've turned the heater up, everywhere I read says high temperature can get rid of it.

Just an update, went into Hollywood fish farm today and got an ammonia test kit, a bottle of treatment for ich, they told me it won't be toxic to clown loaches or tetras so I will do a water change and start treating today.

BTW it's most definitely white spot, some neon tetras are showing a spot or two, also noticed 3 spots on one of my bristlenoses.

Also I need to lower my ammonia, my nitrate is 0ppm but my ammonia turned out to be around 1ppm.