guppy book

MYMARK

thought there must be a guppie bible that was the bees knees on every thing to know about everything possible to do with guppies. want one that explains genetics, line breeding, etc. a bit more than the beginners book.

Been out of breeding so long I don't really know any breeders. When I was breeding I basically had to start from scratch. I got one fairly established blue strain from Kelly Rennel, the rest of the fish I bred from observing the fish at the petshops, sticking mainly to solid colours and H/B’s, and occasionally I got given some nice males from people who knew what I was into, and used them over an established strain to start a new one. You don’t need to know a lot about genetics. It is helpful to know the dominant and recessive genes of the fish you are breeding but the most important thing is to have a lot of patience, and tankspace. There seems to be a lot more people breeding now. Might be a good idea to see if you can get some starting stock off them.