how to remove furan-2 in the fish tank

jason_sheman

hi,

my fish is sick last week so i give them 4 days treatment with the furan-2......now the treatment is done and the fish is ok now....but how i can remove the greenish water?

i follow the instruction and do 25% water change and put some carbon inside....but the water didnt go clear...

by the way, i dont know if i buy the right carbon..i buy it from the pet shop and it's car fish carbon...the keeper said this is right......when i first put it into water.......many gas come out from the carbon (like the coke or like some reaction in the lab)...do i get the right one??

THX

Any activated carbon will work, it's basically just charcoal thats been heated again. The carbon has minute holes in it that physically absorb the chemicals from the water. This means 2 things, it has to be in the water flow to work as the water has to flow over/through the carbon for it to work. Eventually the carbon will become 'full' and not work anymore, and maybe even release the stuff it's already soaked up. Thats why it needs to be changed from time to time.

Keep doing the water changes (every day wont hurt) and let the carbon do it's work. After a week it will be clear again.

Cheers

Ian