Black Shark 20 cm

megs

I have a black Shark called Simon

HE is 20cm and re-arranges the tank to suit himself everynight!!! Never eaten anyone and he is in with Neons, barbs and platties and I do headcounts often and no one is missing.

Can you tell me what tank mates he really should be with, I am trying to re-home him but don't want to led anyone up the garden path. In his current environment he seems placid.

thanks for your help

Hi Megs, and welcome to the forum.

I would put Simon the Shark in with similar-sized fish. My experience with sharks is when they get large they get placid, but we did put ours in with larger fish because a rule of thumb with fish in general is, if their tankmates will fit in their mouth, they will find a way! :lol:

We had ours in with some of the bigger cichlids. We had him in with some severums and I think a pair of chocolate cichlids (was a little time ago!).

Hope this helps. In any case, you shouldn't have any trouble moving him on. Lots of people with other larger fish like them as they make a reasonably placid tankmate.

Hope this helps.