June 14, 200719 yr comment_167871 i was thinking of putting some snails into my tank to eat off all the algae. the only snail i can find that won't eat my plants is red/brown ramshorns. also i heard when they die it will contaminate the water in the tank. is this ture? i got one gba btw but it is still young so it won't really clean my 60L tank by itself. Report
June 14, 200719 yr comment_167875 Welcome ewo. I have malayan trumpet snails and they dont eat my plants. i dont know about them dieing and contaminating the tank, i havnt had any problems like that.. Report
June 14, 200719 yr comment_167898 most snails are good it dosnt hurt the tank two much if a few die Report
June 14, 200719 yr comment_167925 Ramshorns are awesome snails. I have them in all my tanks, I'd highly recommend them to anyone who wants an unobtrusive algae eater. Report
June 14, 200719 yr comment_167932 i put some of the ones that u sent me in withmy bros leopardfish Cold water tank and they lay more eggs than the ones with heater :-? Report
June 14, 200719 yr comment_167942 They thrive in coldwater and tropical. I've got them in ponds as well. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.