Need some help

aae1

I have a large male (15cm) Compressercep that I have had for a couple of weeks now in a large Malawi community tank. Hes not acting as he usually would. Hes sitting on the bottom and is very passive and quiet (can put the net in and scoop him up). All other fish are fine. These is no visible damage or injuries.

Any suggestions on what I can do for him?

Hi Ryan. Was eating and behaving ok last night. Ive put him in a seperate holding tank but its starting to look grim!! He seems to be strugling to keep his balance. Ive propped him up so he stays upright and given a dose of Melafix. I don't really know what else to do.

Sorry to hear that :( I hate loosing fish! I lost a female dragons blood a similair way fine at night then the next day dead.. Got another one recently and lost that one due to stresses in shipping!

I was thinking it may have been bloat but its usually the later stages they stop swimming around and if he was eating last night no luck.. Hope everything else in your tanks alright and you can find another one if he was needed for breeding etc, I think I saw one for sale on trademe?

Thanks for the thoughts. :) Really frustrating when they go so quickly.

Haven't lost anything for ages so will be stressing over the next short while in case theres something in the tank :-? :o