Breeding houseflies

Ira

Anyone tried breeding houseflies? I'm thinking of trying it to feed my frogs. Not having much luck with fruit flies, thought maybe bigger houseflies would work. Anyone know what kind of media would work well? I was thinking I might try similar media as with fruit flies.

wednesday - after repeated naggings from wife/partner/etc forget mistakenly on purpose to take out rubbish.leave outside for 2 days until it has been slightly ravaged by nextdoors dog and then place inside garage.

go to work for rest of week and during weekend drink beer and generally laze around not mowing lawns etc.on monday dash out to garage slightly late for work, open door and nearly keel over with the smell. attend work, only slightly late and then come home, pull apart rubbish bag and find liquid gold - maggots. They may be served immediately to discus with relish or kept and fed as flies ( although u need a tight fitting lid or u have to kill them or pull their wings off - yetchh) .

Commence breeding them by repeating this cycle weekly. (it helps if the venue of location of rubbish bag is changed frequently so it doesnt look like its happening on purpose)...:)