What fish for a planted tank

cichlid7

Ghost knives will be absolutely fine in a planted tank, provided there arnt any likely targets for it to kill? what fish are also in there? Ghost knives appreciate a little cover. Bala sharks on the other hand, ive never really been comfortable putting them in any tank simply due to there skittish nature that has always left me weary putting them in anythin smaller than a 120l (possibly overdoing it in other peoples opinions) they do grow to more than 8 inches and can jump, especially if startled but are a nice fish nonetheless.

Bala sharks do munch plants if they desire and feel like a snack, I have seen them in a planted tank before but as they got older and larger the plants became targets. Bala sharks are well known to be majorly food orientated :lol: They have been known to reach up to over 30cm in Aquariums also.

I have seen a Clown Knife kept in a very large tank with a few robust plants. They also get very large and require alot of space.

according to this site planted tanks are what the clown/royal knifefish prefer.

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/profiles/profile5.html

i had 2 big bala sharks a couple of years ago and the only things that really stuck in my head about them was they jump and they seem really stupid :oops: i should have called them bevis and butthead or something. We had to learn the hard way and from personal experience about the jumping thing. When we moved to our current house they were both in a bucket and hubby took the lid off to chuck them in the new tank and they both flew out of the bucket in opposite directions into the middle of the lounge. :o I don't think they were very respectful of the tank furniture either. I don't think they deliberately ripped anything up but they weren't exactly careful or graceful in their tank.

Don't know much about the knifes. I do know redwood had a knife of some sort a week or so ago.