"Chicken" fish

markoshark

My fish are running around the tank like headless chickens, & cowering at ends of the tank. The fish have also lost a lot of colour (White clown loach..?)

What can I do to help them?

3foot tank -

5x Silver Sharks

1x BGK

1x Butterfly

2x Small Green Sevrums

7x Clown Loaches

tank blackout, more plant life, hidey holes, dither fish?

Any ideas, as I dislike having stressed fish :/

Do you have backing on your tank? Sometimes fish can feel vunerable if there is clear glass on 4 sides of the tank.. A pic could help to maybe :D What colour is your substrate also? Sounds to me that your clown loach was possibly trying to blend in through feeling vunerable... I would check your tank parameters also ie temp etc to make sure everything is fine, better to be safe than sorry :D

PH is currently around 7.2

Nitrite and Ammonia are both 0, Nitrates are very low due to waterchange

Black backdrop, "Dusk" or "Brightwater" gravel depending on Jansens or HFF, temp is currently at 28ish, due to whitespot, *which is improving*, and none of the fish appear to be fighting.

All fish in the tank are small, so i doubt its overstocking.

Sounds like bullying to me. Probably someone after lights-out (BGK?). Would explain the clown loach whitespot too if water parameters are good.

Lots of plants and provide more caves. All those fish will need to be moved anyway as they grow too big for a 3ft.

hum, fish are colouring up a bit more now, also the loaches are hiding in the same hideyhole as the knife, nfi how they all fit in there though...

Now that the fishes are more used to each other, they are playing a lot more, which is good.

Is it possible to add anything to the tank to give the fishes more to "play" with?