Pantodon Buchholzi - Butterfly Fish

Tsarmina

I have a couple and they are very easy to look after, they dont bother anything, just gota make sure they are getting enough food and they really like their live food. Thinking about it feeding times probably the only time they really move but have found mine have clicked on to the fact that when i walk in the room they are going to get fed so start pacing the tank...cool fish

I have one and love it.

They are related to Arowana, so they are a top dwelling highly predatory fish.

Try not to feed them live food, because they may get picky and only eat live food...

Frozen and freeze-dried bloodworm = win.

Mine also eats flake. Kickass fishies, but be aware that they like to eat stuff :)

I'm mainly at home in the morning & in the evenings, so I feed in the morning before work, and later at night when i get home, and then i watch the fish by subdued tank lighting, its soo kickass :D

I've had a few over the years. Dead easy to care for. Just make sure you don't keep them with little fish -- butterflyfish have EXTREMELY large mouths and although normally at the surface do sometimes cruise around lower down to pick off tetras etc. Its best to feed them on live or recently-dead food (flies, moths etc); if using spiders, pop them in the freezer for a bit first to kill them so they don't bite back! Butterflyfish make good disposal units for any white-tails you find lurking around the house! They're easy to sex, not so easy to breed. They are fantastic fish.