External Filter

fishtv

Hey this is a newbie question with these?

I'm looking at a tank Aqua One 830 with a older fluval 303 external filter. It needs new hoses, are they hard to get? how much will it cost to get it running? Do many people use these? Ive never had an external filter what do I need to know?

How much would a brand new filter for a 145l tank cost?

Thanks heaps and sorry for all the questions!

Lana

p.s it has been used on a turtle tank a long time ago will this be a problem?

Wouldn't think they would be hard to get. Pet Planet in Onehunga, Auckland sells piping in rolls - you just order the length you need. Pm them and see what they can do. They will probably know the diameter from the filter model. Other places most likely have it, I just noticed it when I was in there getting my two latest external filters and I thought it seem really cheap.

Thanks guys, Does it matter that this filter has been used on a turtle tank? BTW does anyone know anything about the Aqua One 830's? Y doesn't this model have a internal filter?

fishtv.... get the hose from bunnings its cheap as chips.... was looking at that tank myself but decided to go buy a new one today..... its a good buy... filter will be fine to use after turtles just clean it well with hot water e.t.c ....

I don't know the tank but often people run an external as well as the built in filter on a tank if its biggish in size as sometimes the built in filter isn't as good as it could be. The external should be fine to use even as long as you give it a good wash out and perhaps just replace the media if its been used on a turtle tank. If you decide you look at new externals it would be worth contacting some of the newer shops up here for prices as its fairly competitive at the moment and even with the cost of shipping may be cheaper.