Fish look like they are trying to get air from the surface

HaNs

Maybe. Maybe they have a gill infection or something. Any other symptoms? What else is in the tank? What size is it? Any other fish in there diong the same or they OK? If it is only some fish, or one species, I would suspect something other than lack of oxygen.

Check your temperature.

Hans said:

Its my new tiger barbs i got today. Temp is 25c. I have a pleco, one tetra, oscar 2 cat fish of some sort and 10 convicts and 7 tiger barbs. O2 line is back in and will see if they stop

You certainly have a collection of fish, I am however concerned about kind of pleco you have.

As Carol asked along with other questions, how big is your tank.

Tiger barbs and cons are top fast for the slow oscar. Tank has been running for 2 months. O2 pump has seamed to stop them gasping for air. What can i substitute the O2 pump for? I hate the sound of it

As the Oscar gets bigger I think you'll find he gets lucky and manages to get a few, if not all, of the tiger barbs and maybe even the convicts too.

and eventually left all by itself :wink: plus maybe the pleco.. :lol:

Good to hear you managed to fix the problem :)

Agree with the above, my Oscar doesnt care how fast it is he will chase until hes got it, and even if he cant fit it in his mouth he will still try :o Tiger barbs are an easy lunch for a 12"+ O, so are the tetras. Cons, plec and possibly the cats depending on what they are should be ok though, adult cons are very tough little dudes