What is this cory/whiptail?

sharn

We have recently got some cories in at work and they are labelled as 'black sail cories' on the lists. Ive had a quick look through planet catfish and i really cant pick them out :lol: They are a light brown with darker small spots, a vertical black band running over their eye and have a black dorsal. There was also a faint dark line going from the bottom of the dorsal down to the anal fins (or there abouts) but this could have been stress from being moved (i drew a picture when they came in).

Also are the arcuatus available (they were labelled as schwartz but theyre not)? Or would we be more likely to get the narcissus here?

And one more question :lol: Columbian whips are Rineloricaria eigenmanni?

We have recently got some cories in at work and they are labelled as 'black sail cories' on the lists. Ive had a quick look through planet catfish and i really cant pick them out :lol: They are a light brown with darker small spots, a vertical black band running over their eye and have a black dorsal. There was also a faint dark line going from the bottom of the dorsal down to the anal fins (or there abouts) but this could have been stress from being moved (i drew a picture when they came in).

Also are the arcuatus available (they were labelled as schwartz but theyre not)? Or would we be more likely to get the narcissus here?

And one more question :lol: Columbian whips are Rineloricaria eigenmanni?

I recently owned some Corydoras brevirostris which I'm pretty sure were sold as black sail Cories. They are very similar to C. melanistius which are apparently sold as black sail Cories.

http://www.aquahobby.com/gallery/e_melanistius.php

Hey

They are C. melanistius beverious(spelling). i have 10 adults lokking ready to breed but i have to sell all my fish so wont be able to breed my group

kyle

Sorry to hear you have to get rid of your fish. They are great looking cories. I used to have three of them.

C. melanistius brevirostris is the same thing as C. brevirostris. It used to be known as a subspecies of C. melanistius but was later given full species status.