Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dwarf Cockatoos

Featured Replies

I have 5 coming my way from aucks...I'm really excited. I have done all the internet research , pretty sure I'm ready to go when they get here. does anyone on here have any experience with them?

we got a pair that where from one of the tm lots of 5 off another person he keept 3 if that makes sense lol and they are still small about 40mm if that . we have just found over the last couple of days eggs today we found wrigglers so yeah breed allready im stoked cheers Geremy and Carla

  • Author

hey groovey. I'm getting fish from same person. oooh I can't wait to see what they are like. What size tank do you have for your ones? Did you know you were getting a male and female?

i brought mine off someone on trade me he had brought the 5 small unsexable ones and ended up with 2 pair so we brought his ours are in a 2ft just the pair while they are breeding then into our 3ft or 4ft but they dont want to venture into the 5ft lol my africans hehe we have mts got a few 2ft rs too and ect ect lol cheers Geremy

Just bought 5 also but am having trouble getting them to eat any great volumes. They certainly are not pigs when it comes to eating and peck away at the odd white worm and then nibble slowly and then move onto the next morsal. My Black Widows on the other hand are like Piranah darting around and swallowing everything that comes in range and even my Rams are far more ravenous feeders. I cleaned the tank and they dissapeared for a day but are starting to come out again ... scare easily.

What was their favourite food Banaro as my Daphnia numbers are running low?

we have only had them like 3 weeks just different flakes i think the wifes been feeding them didnt expect them to breed this early as they are small but hell im stocked thats what i hoped they where going to do eventually so good score that they are now cheers Geremy

  • Author

Got my 5 today. They are a little smaller than I thought they would be. They are in a tank all to themselves, and if i sit quietly I will catch them coming out from cover to have a wee look around. They are taking fzn brine shrimp which is cool cause I thought I would have trouble with them feeding. Now just to wait and watch to see how they turrn out.

Hey Becc4 how are your new babies doing? I had to isolate a very aggresive (large male I think) one out as he was stressing out the others and they weren't eating and I ended up loosing 2 which I assume was to him! They are cool to watch when they roll on their side when one gets too close and then give them a nudge with their tail! Also have a pair of A. bitaniata in a 4ft tank to themselves and the male is keen to get it on fishy style but she must have a headache or something! She has chosen 1/4 of the tank for her pad and has no hidding places and doesn't seem interested in putting on any condition. I feed all live food and she just pecks away at it. I also added a fine woven bag full of peat submersed in a jar and the water is browning up nicely giving her some more romantic, subdued lighting to get her in the mood! :wink:

  • Author

Hey cool Mr Ed and banaro.

My ones were very timid and only started coming out when I put my pair of rams in the tank. A couple of the cockatoos look a little amaciated. they are eating, I have been giving them flake and fzn brine shrimp.

I have set up four separate areas with caves so there are plenty of hiding places. I thnk the rams are ready to spawn again. Might try moving them before they do.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.