is anyone having success with L226 yet ?

mr pleco

a ha, so u bought that group of 7. i was just about to grab them up :roll: . any chance of sparing a pair to add to my group :hail::hail:

i got to the point where they're having "mating rituals" with both male and females in the same cave pushing and shoving. female is all well conditioned.

they share their tank with 3 other type of ancistrus so they will be getting their own tank in a couple of days and hope to expand my group as i had 5 sold 2 so i can get the group of 7 but yeah.....

i have very tan soft water, plenty of wood and vegetation for them to graze on constantly.

bugga sorry fishboi wont tell you what i ended up paying for them then huh :lol: dont want to split them up yet as all males are in caves fanning good to hear of your progress thou hope all goes well well let you know how mine progress if they do never seen a male fan like this before and have no eggs what cave types are you using ?

:( well if u ever change ur mind give me a PM

males are not the only one that fans, female does too.

i have bamboo and terracotta pots, at the start they like the bamboo but now they just prefer to be in "caves" between the driftwoods. i am goin to drill some holes in a large piece of driftwood for them.

well its my males doing all the fanning i know this coz their body hair spikes out like a hedgehog when they do you sure you have( some) females ? all of my femles are on and around driftwood have seen them near the caves but not in the caves esp not fanning ..???

is there a site that can confirm this behaviour ?

i am sure u can find reference to it just by google or search planetcatfish and plecofanatics. its quit an common behavior and females likes the caves as much as the male.

yes i am 100% sure i have females. double checked the sex of them on PF as well.

bugga sorry fishboi wont tell you what i ended up paying for them then huh :lol:

Could be anything as he started off selling them for $30 and soon doubled it and then doubled it again. You may have paid heaps or hardly anything. You really don't wanna know how cheap they are from the exporters!