Discus Advice Please

raven

About a week ago i moved my breeding pair of discus from my 3 foot planted tank to my 4 foot bare bottom grown out/breeding tank.

They were abit nervious about the change so stupidy i put a piece of slate in there to give them something to hide behind. The result was this blew the ph of the tank which is normally around 7 to over 8.6 as the colour was way off the indicator chart.

All the discus were listing to one side and i had a case of major split fin, I am currently treating this with metafix. I am on day 4 of 7 days and its working wonders, BUT now the main breeding pair have cloudy eyes. I have been doing a wee bit of surfing and they say its a result of bad water condition. So i did water tests, Alk 0-0.7 Ph is less than 7.4 (normmally its around 7.4 but i am suspecting the lower reading due to the metafix) and Ammonia is 0.

The question i have is, metafix state do a 7 days corse of treatment then a 50% water change. They reading im doing says do a water change to help with the cloudy eye problem. Should i wait untill the 7 days of treatment is finished, or do a water change and then start with the metafix from day one again.

Any advice is greatly welcome.

Thanks in advance.