Angels with "blackheads" ?

aquab

Have recently purchased two Angels for my daughters and the larger of them seems to have "Blackheads" on it's sides.

Any ideas as to what it could be?

They are a pale gold colour with three black stripes and red around their eyes.

Had to move them to their own tank after being "nibbled" at!!

Cheers for any help....

• 2 weeks later...

Have been doing some research and they are probally "black spot " according to Tim's tropicals, but mainly common in Altums. Mine look like them but have red eyes. Tried taking a photo but they didn't want to co-operate, so left them alone!!! :wink:

:roll: OMG how confusing can this be??

Have just spoken to my LFS and they say thay've never heard of "black spot disease" and to treat with tonic, also likely that i have Altum's but not wild caught ones( Didn't pay enough apparently!!) :wink:

Yeah black spots are normal. Dont put any meds at all in the tank.

It's important to remember your LFS staff are essentially sales staff which repeat what they're told by sales reps, and often aren't experts on fish. This is where you will find this messageboard useful.

If you've put it in the main tank, likely your tank/filters etc will have to cycle again. If you used a hospital tank then *phew*!

Also meth blue (ingredient in 'Tonic') stains everything :roll: and often raising the temp and adding a little salt has a better result.