Paradie fish.. look bloated???

DiverJohn

HI guys and girls,

I was wondering if anone has any ideas whats wrong weith one of my paradise fish...

Symptoms are: Fins stuc out to teh side, scales look to be sticking out and woudl swear appears bloated??

Any ideas?? Treatment?

Been to Jansens they have a couple of new aliment remedies...Acriflavine and Methylene Blue ( thats been around a while I know) and of course Melafix. Will any of these be useful ??

Any help apprechiated.

John

If the scales are sticking out, then it is most likely dropsy

If so, then the fish needs to be euthanised ASAP so that any other fish wont get it. dropsy is pretty much impossible to cure - i don't think anyone here has ever cured it, don't know if anyone anywhere has ever cured it either....

It will look like this

LiorT-dropsy1.jpg

DropsySide.jpg

If thats what your paradise fish looks like, then i would euthanise it immediately

Wow, great photos evil! If I had seen one of those the first time my fish had dropsy I would have known what it was straight away.

Aquarium dude - as evil says your fish does need to be euthanaised - there are various opinion around on how to try to cure it but once its vital organs are shutting down, which is what causes the swelling because fluid is retained, I don't think theres anything here in NZ that would even remotely help it.