Fryeri male or female?

smidey

I would say that the darker one will definately be male... maybe the lighter one aswell as kyle said, however, female fryeri can have an egg spot on their anal fin also... time will tell :D I had a female recently down the back also who started to show a slight hint of blue on her forehead etc and I thought hmm possibly turning male until I found her holding.

out of the six two are very dark & 4 are very light all with egg spots. 2 males & 4 females sounds like a good mix to me, anyone agree? It would have to be better than 4 males & 2 females which i'm sure would cause some serious conflict.

It certainly would be good to have a larger number of females, more so than the other way around that is for sure, time will tell what you have :D The dominant male will colour up nicely and generally the rest of the males won't show colour at all. My dominant male in the display is very vibrant, and the other males are washed out and some just won't show any sign of colouring at all.

Hi there. Over time, unfortunately I have ended up with 6 males and 1 femele. :cry: Its not all bad though, All of my males are stunning in colour and there is hardly any aggression in the tank. So don't worry to much about the mix that youve got cause it normally works out ok. Obviously more females is what you want if you want to go all out breeding. My female still breeds ok and thats with 6 guys hanging around. :)