Rata logs

Joze

BEFORE I FORGET AND THE CHAINSAW GETS THE REST, I happen to have a large pile of swamp rata, felled 100 years ago and buried. Dug up a couple of months ago and slowly weathering on my drive. There is a fair bit there ranging from stumps downwards.

If anyone wants any (remember this is our firewoord) for tanks come and get some.

Tell you what I will put some in the basement. Let me know what lengths and I will save it from the chainsaw, not happy about it going for firewood but it was free. Should ring and see if there is anymore. Sizes range from chunks to 8 ft logs

Beautiful beautiful wood. My thought is to make an artificial reef for malawis with it. Since thats the plan for the 8 footer.

Any glaziers want to do a deal??????

Come to think of it I will need to put it in before I get a new end for it, considering thats the only way I will get the piece I have in mind actually in the tank

Joze: if you are willing to part with some i'd be grateful - my only real alternative (aside from paying stupid amounts at Animates) is to go to my grandfathers place and start dredging lake rotorua.

Chris.L: if you shout me a coffee i'lll bring some up to auckland with me at the end of the month - providing i can convince the lovely Joze to part with some for you too. I'm sure the car can handle it.

I actually like starbucks. as coffee goes you can spend hours/days/months trying to find a good barrister and a nice place to stop and enjoy your coffee, or you can go to a place which is relativly nice and has reliably OK coffee.

i'd rather have good coffee all of the time than great coffee some of the time :)

Do you have a phone number? email it to me and arrange a time? I'll pop over for a drink and check the oscars while I am there, so yeah you had better clean them.

I have a good camera, and am OK at photography. If you wanted I could snap some digital pis for you if you don't have the ability to do it yourself?

Pies

[email protected]

i really don't mind

we are coming up for a wedding so i will not have all that much time (although where fishies are concerned i have a habit of making the time, even if accidentally)

i would happily settle for a cuppainstant and a few fishy tales :)

Hi Joze

I would be interested in some of the wood. I can even bring you the equivilant amount in actual firewood! I have a shed full of pre cut dry wood so if you want I can swap you some. I am only looking for smallish pieces so would really be little more then kindling to you anyway.

:lol:

Cheers

Just had a look at what I have some really nice pieces there, that could be adjusted without losing the essence of the wood, very very dry though,..and rock hard. but some really nice wood. have done a partial change in the big tank, just as well I found a couple of baby hedgehogs stuck in the drain.

• 2 months later...

you don't happen to have any wood left do you?

i'm not too sure what i'm looking for, except options as i am battling with a rather nice piece i have at the moment that i am physically unable to boil to get it to sink - its about five feet long...