heater size

banaro

so in theory, if we take away the 'fail off and cook' factor you would use the same amount of power at the end of the day to heat a 100L with a 1W heater as you would heating a 100L with a 100W?

I suck at maths and putting my thoughts into words :lol:

so in theory, if we take away the 'fail off and cook' factor you would use the same amount of power at the end of the day to heat a 100L with a 1W heater as you would heating a 100L with a 100W?

No because the 1 watt would never get it anywhere near warm since the energy loss from the tank will be the same in both cases.

Ignoring heat loss, yes.

I'd think that the cost of heating a tank depends solely on the tank's temperature, on the room temperature, and on the tank configuration (glass thickness, whether it is open or closed top etc.), and does not depend on heater wattage, for as long as the wattage is enough. With higher wattage, the heater will be off for longer periods of time.