Violent fighting in west auckland causes death!!!!

farmchick

What a headline that would make!!!

I got home from work last night and noticed that my spray bar wasnt working. Disconnected the hoses from the filter and a poor little E.yellow was stuck in the bit where the hoses connect to the cannister :o:o

Someone must have knocked the end off the pipe and a silly little yellow has been sucked up the tube :( Poor boy.

:o

Sorry to hear you had that mishap :( I am a bit nervy over the intake attachments, feel like siliconing my ones on.

I drilled a 3mm hole through the attachment & pipe & looped a piece of thin copper wire through to work like a R clip to prevent it coming off.

Hmm yes my relatively large Tyre Track Eel ended up in the bottom of an big external filter before, nice to be greeted by the slippery little sucker, however lucky it wasn't me having to be greeted by him, gave the guy the fright of his life when he cleaned it out.. :lol:

I would consider a piece of stainless steel wire as I have found copper to be poisonous to water like if the levels get up too much.

Came about when someone I know was doing water changes with stormwater from a copper spouting and the fish were dying.

Fish were put into creek water and no prob's. All parameters were tested before the move.

Copper kills most crustaceans so use as directed....