Food - Small FLOATING Granules?

jn

Hi there.

Looking for a recommendation on a good granule food to feed my WCMM's instead of flakes. The flakes I had needed crushing a little to get to a decent size for the minnows.. in the process of course you gets some very tiny bits which immediately sink to the bottom. I don't have a bottom feeder so am looking to minimize wastage and maintenance.

What brands out there are small enough for WCMM's and well balanced to prevent algae problems??

I don't mind crushing the flake. But the WCMM's refuse to eat anything after it starts sinking! If I crumble it into smallish bits, some bits sink immediately. If I leave it in slightly bigger bits....the minnows take one bite of it which pulls it under water.. and then the rest of the flake sinks and they won't go near it.

I've got cyanobacteria problems and some string algae problems and am trying to make it easier to remove every extra bit of food to keep my phosphates down (don't know what they're at.. am ordering a test kit soon)

A floating granule would make that much easier. I may well go back to flakes after my problems are sorted but just want to try somethign different so I don't have any food sitting at the bottom between my water changes.

Thanks guys. I found some Aqua one food called Micro pellets. Had a picture of neons on it so I figured they would do. Definitly less food now sinking to the bottom.

Fish seem to like it just fine :)