Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Help with Cabomba thanks

Featured Replies

Roots are always dissolving causing plant to come afloat, I use lead weight to hold them down, I just read on an something I searched up on google it says they are easily killed by jamming into gravel or by the lead weights.

I used to just put them down on gravel without any lead weights but still had to jam them down and they've always grown very well, what's wrong now? I find that with many fishes without any weights they won't stay down, but with weights they start dying.

What are some alternate way to hold them down and prevent them from dying?

Thanks a lot

i have only had the roots rot once. that was under the point I accidentially bent the stalk. I regularly move the cabomba around, i put the stalk parallel between my 1st & 2nd fingers then stab my fingers into the gravel pushing in the stalk. then pack the gravel in around the stalk. does this make sense to anyone?

A couple of stalks can just be buried deep into the gravel. If the gravel is not deep enough then lay it parallel to the ground for 10cm then let it float up, so that a longer piece is underground. If everything else fails do what I do with big bunches: put a stone on top! Nothing will float then.

A couple of stalks can just be buried deep into the gravel. If the gravel is not deep enough then lay it parallel to the ground for 10cm then let it float up, so that a longer piece is underground. .

my substrate is one inch of sand & one inch of gravel so that would help it to hold.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.