Sexing Angel Fish??? Help please.

Dixon1990

Hi Aaron

The short answer is NO. The photos are far too dificult to read and the angles of the fish make it impossible to even have a calculated guess and be 50% correct.

The way "I" use (and it works for me) is to look at a fish "Front On", you can see the keel of the males is like a "V" and slightly concave; the female's keel is like a "U".

The most certain way to sex them is to check the ovipositor Tubes.

The Female has a very broad tube and flattened at the bottom whilst the Male has a very pointed tube end.

There is more chance of picking males at a young age if you use this method as the tube end protrudes slightly outside the "body line".

Good Luck.

:bow:

Pretty sure the top one is female and the bottom one is male. Interesting genetics: Looks like a stripelees gene (blusher) and also zebra lace. I can never work out why people cross a striped to a non striped. Could have some interesting offspring. The "bottom" of the female is horizontal and the male is at 45 deg.

Hi All,

As a keeper and breeder of ANGEL'S, I will state catagorically that you are all correct.

My money is all on the 2nd piccy being a male. Any takers at 20 to 1?

That is eveident by the tube which IS JUST VISIBLE and is extremely pointed.

The behaviour you're describing is that of a pair, being in what I term "A TUG OF LOVE".

Good luck with them and long may they breed for you.

:bow: