Condensation in my heater.

bubblestank

Your fish will never get electrocuted, you can though. But for that to happen the heater glass would need to be cracked and the heater element submerged in water, turned on, and your hand in the tank.

But anyway moisture will always get past the seal, some heaters are better than others at keeping it out. The moisture wont cause any danger of electrocution. The problem with the moisture is it will decrease the life of the thermostat, the bi-metal strip which turns the heater on and off can rust and seize on, causing the heater to stay on continously. This isn't something that happens in a week, it can take a lot of time, however we can't say exactly 'x time'.

I've got a Masterpet heater with 3mm of water in the bottom and moisture, been running fine for 4 months like that. I've got AquaClears that got moisture 30 days after buying them, but 6 months later they're still fine.

Heaters I have with water problems: AquaClear, Masterpet, Jebo

Heaters I have that are still water free: AquaOne, Visi-Therm, Elite

If you want to keep your heater moisture free, easiest way is to keep the plastic part of the heater out of the water (not too far though).

You lfs will always try and sell you something :D

I agree with Spidersweb. I have Jager heaters and they all have condensation in them but still work okay, so I wouldn't worry about it too much, if you are concerned about them getting "stuck on" in the future just keep a thermometer in the water at all times and check it whenever you remember. Thermometers are really cheap to buy, under $10.

And if you have your tank on an rcd, it will trip off as soon as you touch the tank, possibly before if there is enough leakage to ground thru the tank stand or light fitting.

And if you dont have an RCD, I can recommend the Ringgrip bodyguard ones, since they wont trip off everytime there is a brownout or power cut