Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
We’ve recently updated Aquarium World! We’re working through a few bugs, with exciting new features on the way. Thanks for your patience while we fine-tune the site.

Guppy with hanging white thing

Featured Replies

I got given a guppy the other day.When I got her home and put her in the tank I noticed she had a thing hanging from her bum.That was white and about 3mm long and about 1mm thick. I set up a spare tank and decided to seperate her. On the move the white thing fell off. Then I look now and theres another one almost looks like a baby that didn't form and is white. Big at one end the tail hanging out of the fish.

hi there n. chic - what is happening with your guppy female? Have had a quick look through my guppy books to see if they have any answers, nothing obvious yet but will look again later when I get home.

sue

I take it that the guppy you got is a female.

When livebearers are moved close to birthing time, they will often abort the young.

This is one reason the hang-on traps are no good.

I prefer to let the girls have their own, heavily planted tank to do their thing.

Remember when you put her back with the boys, they can be pretty relentless at wanting to service her (what a dumb term).

At times the attention is too much, and she will die.

So keep an eye on her.

Alan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.